You can find these symbols on leaflets, in magazines, or on packaging. Scan them with your phone to find out more information. Here’s why …
These symbols are called QR codes. QR is short for quick response, so named because they save you needing to type on the fiddly keyboard on your phone.
They are a new type of barcode, and work in the same way as barcodes in the supermarket. If you scan them with your phone they will either A) take you to a website on your phone or B) write a text message for you.
What you’ll need …
To scan them you need to use the barcode reader app on your phone. If you don’t have one you can easily download one for free.
iPhone: Open the iPhone App Store and search for Inigma
Android: Open the Android App Market and search for Inigma
How to scan a QR code …
- Open Inigma (or whichever app you chose) and point it at the code
- Make sure the QR code is within the red square
- Keep your hand steady so the camera on your phone can focus
- If it works you’re phone should beep and show you a web address
- To view it press ‘Go Online’
Try it …
If that worked, try some some more examples on 15 Creative QR Code Examples from Mashable.com